Why might I use the GMS Feed Hockey app?
In general it is expected that hockey club members will use club web sites as their first point of contact for all club information. This application may help if club web sites do not have GMS data embedded, or are not so mobile friendly or don't have features such as result notifications. Specifically, the app has the following features:
- App is focused on league fixtures and results for your team and club, with no superfluous content
- Install as app on your phone so it's one click away on home page
- Get notification of results on match day for all club teams or select your favourite teams
- Get notification of changes to fixtures within 30 days of game
- Subscribe to calendar of team fixtures, updated whenever fixtures are added or changed
- Highlights next fixture with one click directions to games using Google Maps, Waze or Apple Maps
If you just wish to have team fixtures in your calendar then goto WebCal for help.
What are the technical requirements to use this app?
This site uses the latest web capabilities to allow a "Hockey - My Club Games" app to be installed as a Progressive Web App (PWA). It can be used like a web site or installed to work like a standalone application. If your browser does not support service workers or push notifications, then notifications will not be possible and the site will not work as a standalone app. Specifically, please review these guidelines:
- Whichever browser you select we recommend the latest version to enable all features
- On desktop devices the recommended browsers are Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Safari (from version 17)
- On iOS/iPadOS devices the recommended browser is Safari (other browsers may work from version 16.4)
- On Android devices the recommended browsers are Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Samsung Internet
- iOS/iPadOS Push Notifications are only supported from version 16.4 and the app must be added to Home Screen
How do I get started and install the application?
To use this app you must select your club and team on the Settings page. You will be redirected to settings until you do this. Please note that these settings are unique to each device such as smartphone, tablet or desktop computer.
For regular use, we recommend installing this site as an application to have an icon on your home screen. Typically your browser will prompt you to install the site as an application. If you are not prompted then check your browser menu bar and settings for a link to install.
On some devices and browsers you may find that you are required to install the application to use all the features e.g. iOS/iPadOS Push Notifications are only supported from version 16.4 and the app must be added to Home Screen.